AUTHOR Juan Bastidas
AUTHOR Juan Bastidas
A tour through the Galapagos Islands is remembered by all as a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The breathtaking ecology, natural history and amenities provided aboard our luxury yachts combine to make your journey truly unforgettable.
This fall, we’ll be doubling down on this endeavor, as we welcome renowned Ecuadoran photography expert Mauricio Torres back aboard our newest luxury yacht, the MV Theory!
A true master of his craft, Mauricio will join us both aboard and on land to offer his knowledge to guests. If a photography-themed departure aboard our newest luxury vessel sounds like something for you, read on for how you can come aboard this fall!
The Opportunity of a Lifetime
Guests aboard MV Theory for this year’s Photography Departure will first be treated to an optional fundamentals class, during which they will have the opportunity to learn some wildlife photography basics from Mauricio. Among the topics covered will be lighting, and how to make the best use of it naturally. Journeyers will also receive a guide of the island and its wildlife to aid their exploration.
All of our photography enrichments are optional and offered when passengers are already spending time on our vessel such as before breakfast, after lunch, and after dinner. Special photography activities won’t interfere with any of our regularly scheduled Galapagos activities and excursions in any way, so you can still expect plenty of time snorkeling with sea lions and hiking the beautiful beaches alongside land iguanas.
Ecoventura’s Photography Experience in the Galapagos:
A few of the enrichments offered to those embarking on our Photography Departures are:
- An informal optional class (no more than one hour) full of tips on wildlife photography and practical tips, so that guests can make the most of the time they have to actively shoot wildlife and receive expert critiques from Mauricio. In addition, some basic lighting tips will be provided for shooting in natural light conditions including how different types of light can be used to your advantage.
- A small guide will be printed for guests including photos and information on wildlife from the islands. This can be taken to the island as a guide for guests to identify what they are shooting.
- To end the cruise, there will be a farewell gathering featuring a slideshow exhibiting some of the best guest photography from the week accompanied by music.
- We will give you a flashdrive at the start of your trip. If you wish, you can hand it to Mauricio and he will add all the images taken during the cruise.
Mauricio will accompany guests during their shore walks, where he’ll discretely photograph you and your companions to obtain candid photographs that you’ll be able to cherish for a lifetime. You can expect an abundance of incredible photographs to come from your Galapagos cruise, both of the local scenery and wildlife as well as you and your travel companions.
MV Theory: The Youngest of the Fleet
We’re especially proud this year to welcome our first guests aboard our newest luxury vessel, the MV Theory, who completed her maiden voyage just this March!
A 20-passenger mega-yacht featuring cutting-edge nautical capability and 10 pristine staterooms, the MV Theory is the latest advancement in our fleet of eco-conscious vessels.
To connect guests with the Galapagos’ one-of-a-kind wildlife, each room features two large panoramic windows, as well as a private bathroom with essential modern luxuries, including a rainfall shower, hairdryer, plush towels, bathrobes, and eco-friendly biodegradable soaps and shampoos.
The MV Theory includes the same onboard amenities that guests of the MV Origin have grown to enjoy, including a full-time concierge, fitness center, a sundeck with chic loungers and daybeds, an open-bar policy, and a Jacuzzi.
Guests can also enjoy locally inspired Ecuadorian cuisine from the comfort of the ship’s dining room or in an alfresco setting on the sundeck. The MV Theory additionally offers sustainable, plant-based vegetarian and gluten-free meals, catering to a variety of food preferences.
It’s all part of our proud heritage here at Ecoventura, one of providing the utmost in comfort, experience and adventure while preserving the very ecology intrinsic to these historic Isles.
Booking is available now for our 2019 fall Photography Departures, featuring Guayaquil-born expert photographer Mauricio Torres aboard our newest luxury vessel, the MV Theory!
Dates: Oct 13-20 and 20-27, 2019
Rates are $7,850 per person, double occupancy, and we have some great specials going on now!
- Book soon and get a 10% Early Bird discount!
- We are offering Free Wi-Fi on departures from September 1 to December 15. That means you can share your photos online with your friends and family while still on your Galapagos cruise!
Booking: Contact us today with any questions about our special departures or to book your Galapagos cruise with us!