AUTHOR Daniel Andino
AUTHOR Daniel Andino
In September 2018, the MV Origin by Ecoventura, became the first luxury expedition yacht in the Galapagos Islands to become an official member of the esteemed Relais & Châteaux collection, joining a distinguished group of hoteliers, chefs, and restaurateurs that have set the standard for excellence in hospitality.
Relais & Châteaux is an exclusive collection of more than 550 of the finest luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants in over 60 countries. Established in France in 1954, the Association’s mission is to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character, and that share a passion for providing their guests with moments of true harmony.
This means our Ecoventura guests can be reassured when they book their cruise on the MV Origin, they will have the highest standards in the hospitality world – from our food & beverage, service of our crew to the cabin and yacht amenities – meeting the Relais & Châteaux standards.
What exactly can our guests expect from the only yacht in the Galapagos that is a part of the Relais & Châteaux Association? Read on for recent upgrades we have made on the Origin…
Food & Beverage:
- Afternoon tea time service with scones and pastries
- A selection of Ecuadorian chocolates from Republica del Cacao
- An Amuse Bouche served on a ceramic spoon before dinner
- Larger tables in the dining room – now 80 x 70cm
- Premium wines from Europe are available for purchase and also part of the open bar
Passenger Cabin Amenities:
- A full-length mirror behind the door
- Cover for the AC-control and a dimmer for the clock
- A second curtain shade for extra room darkening
- An extra blanket placed in the closet (in a cover)
- USB and electric chargers on the nightstand
- Acrylic pitcher of water refilled each evening (to reduce the use of plastic water bottles)
- Personalized handwritten welcome cards for all guests
- Cards with inspirational messages placed in the cabins with mini chocolates
- A “maître de Maison” and a server are on hand at the evening meal service
- New Wi-Fi service provider with 24/7 connection
- Added security between the bridge and Captain’s cabin
- Improvements to the Captain’s uniforms
In addition, the MV Origin was in maintenance for two weeks during which time we made improvements and performed routine maintenance.
The Origin returned to service on November 4th for our two “Focus in Photography” departures.
Upgrades to the MV ORIGIN:
Additional cover has been added to the MV ORIGIN sundeck to cover half of the loungers and provide more shade from the equatorial sun.
There is also a new modern sculpture located behind the stairwell on the Beagle Deck. Plus, we have a new collection of paintings from local artists — Manuel Seminario and Roura Oxandaberro — that are hanging in the social areas.
For an unforgettable adventure, book your Galapagos cruise with Ecoventura! Book now for 2020 at the 2019 cruise rates – valid through December 31, 2018 (excluding holiday weeks).