AUTHOR The Ecoventura Team
AUTHOR The Ecoventura Team
How best to describe the Galapagos Islands?
A nature-lover’s paradise home to thousands of endemic species, where inquisitive sea lions and iguanas pose endlessly for your camera. Perhaps a living museum with 150-year-old tortoises and the birthplace of Darwin’s theories on evolution? Or a geological phenomenon like no other, where red sand beaches, lava reefs and active volcanoes vie for attention across the archipelago’s islands. Why not a water-sports wonderland, with world-beating snorkeling and diving and picture-perfect sandy beaches?
However one chooses to describe this veritable Eden, it’s safe to say it is one of the world’s most well-known bucket list destinations, a once in a lifetime trip like no other.
Here are 10 reasons why now is the time to tick the big one off your travel to-do list, on a small ship luxury cruise with Ecoventura:
Return to Paradise
1. Ecuador is open to international arrivals. What is more, if you arrive with a negative PCR test, a quarantine is not required. See our Travel Update for further details.
2. Following a careful assessment, the Galapagos Authorities have reopened the archipelago to visitors, with new bio-security regulations and safe passage clearance.
3. Flights are available into Ecuador; Quito (UIO) and/or Guayaquil (GYE) on American Airlines, Jet Blue, United from the US, Copa from Panama, KLM from Amsterdam, Air Europa, Iberia, and Plus Ultra from Madrid, Aeromexico from Mexico City. Avianca Airlines operates a flight on Sundays to Galapagos.
Ecoventura returns to the seas
4. Ecoventura is sailing again! After several months at anchor, we were thrilled to recommence voyages, hosting a family from California aboard the Theory in August.
5. We have implemented enhanced cleanliness and sanitation protocols on board, in line with WHO guidelines, to protect guests and crew alike. Our maximum guests per guide ratio has been reduced to 8 and additional bio-safety measures are explained to guests during the welcome briefing.
6. A Galapagos small ship voyage is the perfect option in our post-pandemic world, offering a more secluded vacation by its very nature. We have amended our itineraries to avoid any visits to inhabited areas of the islands, and with visitor numbers in the region ramping up slowly the first guests will have the spectacular islands and astonishing wildlife – as confident as ever after months with no tourists – all to themselves. If you want to feel like you have the islands to yourselves, now is surely your best shot.
Something for everyone
7. From snorkeling with sealions to paddle boarding with turtles, sipping cocktails or hiking trails, there’s something for everyone on an Ecoventura cruise – it really is the perfect destination for all, young and young at heart alike.
9. We are offering a truly unmissable 30% discount to our usual charter rates; for those who’re really looking for total privacy and their very own space while exploring the islands, an exclusive private charter is a once in a lifetime trip. Note too that the dates for this offer have been extended to 7th March 2021.
10. Given the events of 2020 and the pandemic that brought the travel industry to a standstill, we still have some availability for our festive season and New Year voyages for the weeks of 20th and 27th December, on a private charter or individual cabin basis. What’s more, the holiday supplement of $500 will be waived when guests purchase premium or CFAR travel insurance, and our standard booking terms will apply instead of the festive terms. But act fast, these bookings normally sell out 24 months prior to departure!