AUTHOR Daniel Andino
AUTHOR Daniel Andino
Deciding where to stay before or after your Ecoventura cruise is a fun and rewarding process, but it may be unclear where to begin. Ecoventura’s goal is to make it easy to pick the hotel that is perfect for you.
It is our pleasure to announce the newest addition to Oro Verde Hotels Group, the Hotel del Parque! This five-star luxury hotel has opened their doors January 18, 2017 and paves the way as the first true luxury boutique hotel in Guayaquil. Located in the suburb of Samborondon, Hotel del Parque is the perfect place to have a good nights rest before or after your cruise.
Keep reading to take advantage of our exclusive promotion for the Hotel Del Parque.
Hidden within the tropical Parque Histórico, this 19th century property gives you the charm of a historic building with the luxury and comfort Oro Verde Hotels are known for. The property was carefully restored over four years and moved board-by-board into the tropical park. The park is situated on the Daule River, providing the perfect opportunity to see native tropical plants and wildlife. Lush botanical gardens surround the building, and you can expect to see spider monkeys, iguanas, and crocodiles in the grounds’ wildlife sanctuary. This is your chance to see rare species of birds including the harpy eagle alongside tropical macaws and hummingbirds.
Inside, you can see the attention to detail that went into this project. Highly esteemed designer Julio Vinueza created the perfect vision of modern and classic style for all 44 guest rooms. The cool tones of the rooms provide a welcome contrast to the tropical setting, while capturing the integrity of the original building. Every room is equipped with furniture made entirely in Ecuador, and the bathrooms feature striking marble slabs. If you choose the Park Suite, you can even see a view of the gardens from your bathtub! The tone of the hotel is set with two inner patios with delicate fountains beside the elegant lobbies. The marriage of authenticity and luxury is truly met here.
Relax in the games and reading room, complete with state-of-the-art technology and contemporary furniture. Or visit the chapel, faithfully reconstructed to retain the original Gothic, Renaissance, and Mediterranean features. This chapel is the charming highlight of the property, located inside the main building and painted in beautiful blue tones. Consider renting this space for a tropical wedding, or to renew your vows.
Delight in the finest Ecuadorian cuisine in the restaurant overlooking the river Daule. Chef Juan Carlos Ordoñez regularly updates the menu with fresh seafood from the Pacific coast, as well as local ingredients such as avocado, coconut, and world-renowned cocoa, making these culinary creations original and delicious. Using traditional Ecuadorian dishes as a starting point, Chef Ordoñez blends local ingredients with creativity and sophistication. Enjoy your meal from the river-side restaurant, in a private area in the park or quiet spot by the river dock, or in the comfort of your own bedroom.
Immerse yourself in the cultural traditions and natural curiosities that make Hotel de Parque so unique. You may forget all about your Galapagos tour when you see what the park has to offer!
- Try your hand at coffee roasting in the introduction to coffee roasting class. The experienced Chef Ordoñez will introduce you to the plant, the art and process of roasting coffee, and guests will even get the chance to roast the beans themselves. Take home a pound of coffee that you helped roast yourself, and wow your friends and family with this treat exclusive to Ecuador.
- The culinary team will take you on a chocolate-tasting journey right on the grounds of the park. With a 120-year-old landowner’s house as the setting, guests can seek out and pick their own cacao pods, and watch as their beans are transformed into artisan chocolate using traditional methods. Of course, taking the end product home is fundamental to the experience.
- Learn about the healing herbs of Ecuador by exploring the herb and botanical gardens. Tours are available of the gardens, where the team is happy to teach you about traditional medicine and help you create your own healing infusions.
- If you have children with you, treat them to a scavenger hunt in the park! Using a checklist of rare plants and wildlife, children will take photos of what they see around the park. Bring these back to the hotel, and kids will get their own prints to take home and show their friends.
- Relax in luxury with a massage and spa treatments in the unique setting of a bell tower, with 360 degree views of the tropical gardens below.
One of the best aspects of Hotel del Parque is how easy it is to get to. Just ten minutes from Guayaquil’s award winning José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport, Hotel del Parque is located in the exclusive riverside Samborondon neighborhood. Guayaquil is the perfect springboard to access the Galapagos Islands and all Ecuador has to offer.
Whether your tour of the Galapagos is just about to begin, or has already ended, round out your tropical experience with a stay at Hotel Del Parque.
And to make the pot even sweeter, we are offering this exclusive deal…
We look forward to having you as our guest at the Hotel Del Parque!