AUTHOR Juan Bastidas
AUTHOR Juan Bastidas
We believe that every member of our team brings a different and valuable perspective to the work we do here in the Galapagos Islands. That’s why it’s important for Ecoventura to create jobs on board and foster a welcome environment for women in all areas of our company. We are fortunate to have many smart and capable women as part of our Ecoventura family!
Ecoventura employs many women in leadership positions at our head office in Guayaquil such as managers in our Marketing, Human Resources, Hotel, and Food & Beverage departments. The majority of our naturalist guides are also women who share their knowledge and experience of the Galapagos with our guests.
We want to take a moment to acknowledge and express appreciation for the dedicated women working as crew members on board all of our expedition yachts for the excellent work they do.
Meet the Incredible Women of Our Crew
Outdated superstitions are gone and luxury yachting is no longer a man’s world! We strongly value the women of our crew who work hard to deliver top notch service and create a seamless, luxury experience for our all of our passengers in the Galapagos Islands. Guest feedback often highlights the impeccable work of our crew, and these ladies of the sea are no exception!
Jennifer has been working on different ships in the Galapagos Islands since 2006. Her years of experience along with her bachelor’s degree in hospitality make her indispensable as a concierge on board the Origin. She works closely with our guests to learn their preferences and to make sure they have everything they need for the perfect stay on our yachts. Jennifer speaks fluent English, Spanish, and Portuguese, and makes every passenger feel at home. She is best described as friendly and thoughtful—perfect qualities in a concierge! She loves swimming, dancing, and meeting new people. Jennifer told us, “I am blessed to work in the best office ever on earth, Galápagos.”
María del Carmen Peralta
María also serves as a concierge onboard the Origin. Before joining the Ecoventura crew, she served as the Coordinator of Events and Banquets at the prestigious Hilton Colon Guayaquil hotel in Ecuador. María earned her master of business administration degree from the Universidad Tecnológica Empresarial de Guayaquil. She makes sure our passengers are well taken care of and delivers the high-quality service Ecoventura guests expect. She is fluent in Spanish, English, and French. María is passionate about building her skills and expertise in Cruise Management. She is a perfect fit for the Origin, and we are honored to have her on our team!
Maria Mieles Escobar
Maria has been part of the Ecoventura team for longer than any of the other women on our crew. In January 2004, she joined the crew of the Flamingo in the position of server. She is now the chief steward on board the Letty. She does an impeccable job and always receives guests with a smile. Maria works particularly well with our senior passengers as well as the children traveling with us. At the end of every cruise, she receives many compliments from our happy guests.
Claudia Tapia Cuevas
Claudia joined the Ecoventura crew in April 2005 as the cabin steward for the Letty. Originally from Chile, she has been in Ecuador for more than 30 years. She lives with her family in the city of Guayaquil. Claudia keeps all cabins completely clean and comfortable for our guests. After all, there is nothing better at the end of a long day exploring the Galapagos than coming back to a tidy and comfortable cabin. Claudia is an excellent crew member. She is very disciplined and demanding in her work, which has made her one of the most recognized crew members for guests on each cruise.
Get to Know Our Naturalist Guides
Our naturalist guides also help shape a memorable Ecoventura experience for our guests. These women play an important role in educating our guests on the flora and fauna of the islands.
- Sofia Darquea – Naturalist Guide Level III licensed in 1991 – She has been with Ecoventura for 27 years of incredible service sharing her knowledge and love of the Galapagos Islands with our passengers! She continues working for the cause of conservation and protection of this unique archipelago.
- Yvonne Mortola – Naturalist Guide Level III licensed in 1984 – She is passionate about scientific efforts in Galapagos and active in promoting sport for children of the community.
- Magdalena “Malena” Cruz – Naturalist Guide licensed in 1994 – Her favorite Galapagos topics of conversation include: sea currents, geology, and the marine reserve.
- Cecibel “Ceci” Guererro – Naturalist Guide Level III licensed 1992 – Her favorite activity while guiding is snorkeling. She has a special interest in reptiles and a real enthusiasm for sharing this special place with our guests.
- Maria “Gaby” Gabriela Espinoza – Naturalist Guide Level III 1990 – She is a natural born teacher and naturalist guide and she enjoys the opportunity to show the Galapagos to our guests and inspire them to help to conserve our world.
- Karina Lopez – Naturalist & Dive Master Guide licensed 2001- She loves to help her guests have the magical experience of swimming with sea turtles, frolicking with playful sea lions, and searching for the elusive but adorable Galapagos penguins.
- Natasha Cabezas – Naturalist & Dive Guide – She has worked with us for many years as a dive guide on the Galapagos Sky, our scuba liveaboard dive yacht. She now serves as a naturalist guide on the Origin and the Letty.
Come to the Galapagos Islands and Meet Our Team!
We would love to have you on board to experience the high level of customer service that we pride ourselves on. No matter the vessel or the departure, you are sure to leave your Ecoventura cruise with treasured memories of your wildlife adventures, the luxury yachting experience, and our hard-working crew!
Ready to learn more about the Ecoventura experience? Contact us today for information on departure dates, current specials, and availability. We hope to see you in the Galapagos Islands!