Our luxury vessel MV ORIGIN is top notch in terms of style, comfort, and sustainability — and we’re now excited to announce a new feature that will make your voyage on the ORIGIN even more perfect…
WiFi is now available on board!
The ORIGIN will be offering internet navigation data for our guests devices for an additional charge starting with our cruise on February 5th.
Keep reading for full details…
There are four Wi-Fi options available:
- Starter Iguana – 1 day ($100)
- Pro Booby – 3 days ($200)
- Deluxe Finch – 5 days ($260)
- Premium Darwin – 7 days ($320)
- Price does not include 14% tax.
- Not available for video streaming.
- Two devices cannot be used at the same time. Please logout from one of them while in use.
- To guarantee bandwidth performance, only one plan/pin can be sold per cabin and limited to three devices.
Some things to keep in mind while connected to the Internet:
- After the first login, the time counter starts in a consecutive mode. For example: the one day plan is converted in 24 consecutive hours.
- Please take in consideration that the satellite internet can be irregular in certain areas and weather conditions can impact the navigation performance.
- While anchored at Tagus Cove, Isabela (Itinerary B), there is no internet service.
After you’ve purchased your WiFi plan, you will be given your data plan information with login credentials on a card that looks like this:
The concierge will give you this card with your specific username and password written on the card. Please keep track of it, as you will need it to login to WiFi during the time you’re on board.
Once you’ve received your login information, in just a few steps you’ll be surfing the web!
How to log into the Internet:
- Connect to WiFi – name: ORIGIN
- Type into the browser the next link: www.login.com
- Please insert your username in the first field and password in the second field.
- Change the default password with your customized password and press update to accept changes.
- To check the remaining days or your plan consumption, please go to www.portal-prod.ics.mtnsat.io
- To allow other devices to use your plan, please logout from your current device by going to the browser and type www.logout.com
Additional tips: Clean your browser cache and history if you’re not able to connect.
For iPhones: If the WiFi is not connecting, please try again and select the option “use without internet” when it pops up.
As an alternative to WiFi (or for our guests on Eric and Letty that do not offer WiFi), please note that some telecommunication providers have signal in Galapagos and you may use your smartphone that is activated for international calling on days when the yachts are in close range to a port. WhatsApp is also a good alternative to use!
Since it’s maiden voyage on February 28th, 2016, the ORIGIN has been a prime example of luxury meeting conservation. With a quick cruising speed of 12 knots, the yacht boasts 30% greater fuel efficiency thanks to its custom construction. Our attentive staff will take care of your every need and help you recharge and relax while on board. The experienced 14-member Ecuadorian crew includes a high-level captain, a full-time concierge, and two expert naturalist guides – one for every 10 guests, the lowest ratio in the Galapagos.
Check out the website for the MV Origin and learn what other amenities the yacht has to offer. But don’t just take our word for it-read what other guests are saying about their journey on one of our favorite luxury cruisers!
Before you book, see what special offers we have for MV ORIGIN, and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. We can’t wait to see you there!