Ecoventura’s signature fleet includes two identical expedition yachts custom-designed for Galapagos cruising: the M/Y Eric and Letty. Built in 1994 and refurbished annually, these identical superior first-class sister yachts accommodate no more than 20 guests and feature three decks of ample staterooms with polished teak interiors trimmed with shiny brass fittings. Accommodations include ten double outside-facing cabins with a window or porthole view, one double bed or two twin lower beds, fully air-conditioned with private bathroom (hot and cold water showers), bio-degradable soap/shampoo dispensers, hair dryer, closet, drawers, intercom and separate climate controls for your comfort. There’s a dining room, well-stocked bar and conference area with a flat screen TV, library and panoramic picture windows. Or you can relax in a lounge chair on the sun deck, enjoying sea breezes and a sky full of stars.
- 7-night expeditions depart every Sunday from San Cristobal
- 20-guest superior first-class motor yacht
- 10 fully air-conditioned outside staterooms with private bathrooms
- Delicious, varied cuisine, wonderfully prepared by our culinary school-trained chefs
- Fully-stocked bar and boutique, 24 hour coffee & tea station
- Lounge for briefings with TV, DVD, games and library
- Wildlife observation areas, open and shaded sun deck with loungers
Enjoy with our compliments
- Three meals served daily, after-excursion snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Captain’s welcome and farewell cocktail parties
- House wine and local beer served during dinner
- Guided excursions and daily briefings with English-speaking expert naturalists
- Low guide to passenger radio (max. 10 guests per guide)
- Complimentary mask, fins and snorkels, 3mm custom full wet suits
- Multiple kayaks
Cabins #1,3 & 4 have two twin lower beds or one double bed and picture windows.
Cabin # 2 has one double bed and picture window.
(Cabins average 95 square feet / 8.8 square meters)
Cabins # 5 & 6 cabins have one double bed and picture windows.
(Cabins average 90 square reef / 8.4 square meters)
Cabins #7 & 8 have two twin lower beds and port lights.
Cabins # 9 & 10 have two twin lower beds and one upper berth with port lights and can be sold as triples.
(Cabins average 110 square feet / 10.2 square meters)
SINGLE cabins are limited and assigned by Ecoventura to the best cabin available at the time of sailing.
M/Y Eric & Letty
Type: Superior first class motor yachts
Year Built: 1991-1994 specifically for Galapagos Islands cruising
Capacity: 20 exclusive guests in ten double cabins
Crew: 11 including your Captain and two naturalist guides
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
L.O.A.: 83 feet / 25 meters
BEAM: 24 feet / 7 ½ meters
DRAFT: 6 feet / 1.8 meters
GROSS TONS: 240
Engines: (2) 402 HP Caterpillar, 8-cylinder turbo diesel
Generators: (1) Perkins 90 KW and (1) John Deere 65KW
Water Capacity: 5,000 gallons / 18,921 liters
Watermaker Production: 1,200 gallons per day/ 4536 liters per day
Fuel Capacity: 5,400 gallons / 20,435 liters
Navigational Equipment: 24 mile Furuno radar, Furuno GPS, Electronic compass, magnetic compass, barometer
Communication: VHF-DSC CH70 and MF/HF with DSC radios
Safety Equipment: Viking 25-person inflatable capsule lifeboat (SOLAS certified)
40 life vests Type I approved with whistles and lights, 6 circular buoys with emergency lights,
Portable fire extinguishers, CO2 fix station, smoke detectors, SART (radar transponder)
EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicator Radio Beacon)
Classification: IRS (International Register of Shipping)
Certification: Passenger Ship Safety Certificate (Ecuadorean authority under SOLAS 1974 modified by protocol 1988) Safety Management Certificate (Under SOLAS 1974 as amended).