Darwin's Enchanted Isles is a once in a lifetime experience. You want to be sure you maximize your travel enjoyment both on board and on shore. With Ecoventura, you will be traveling with a responsible Galapagos cruises company. We are dedicated to preserving the ecological integrity of the Galapagos Islands for both its scientific value and economic benefit through our various initiatives toward sustainable tourism practices.
1) Ecoventura is a family-owned company based in Guayaquil, Ecuador with sales offices in Quito and Miami. We have been in business since 1990 and we own and operate the yachts we sell.
2) Ecoventura's fleet of identical expedition yachts – Eric, Flamingo I & Letty offer a superior first-class level of comfort in ten double cabins and spacious public areas. Our crews strive for personalized service and home cooked, healthy meals, featuring local and organic ingredients with both international and Ecuadorian specialties from our well-trained chefs.
3) Departures are every Sunday from San Cristobal Island offering two distinct 7-night itineraries; Itinerary A follows a Southern/Central route and visits San Cristobal, Espanola, Floreana, Isabela, Bartolome, Santa Cruz, South Plaza. Itinerary B follows a Northern/Western route and visits Genovesa (Tower), North Seymour, Bachas, Fernandina, Isabela, Santiago, Rabida, Santa Cruz and Santa Fe.
4) Visit the Islands in a group size no larger than ten passengers per guide. Ecoventura offers a small guide-to-passenger ratio to ensure an intimate and peaceful visit on shore. Adventure gear is provided at no additional charge including kayaks, custom full wet suits, masks, fins and snorkels and beach towels.
5) Designated departures exclusive for families are offered over all school breaks and feature age-appropriate activities geared toward children and teenagers ages 7-17.
6) Serious scuba divers can dive the northern Islands of Wolf and Darwin on the 16-passenger dedicated dive Galapagos liveaboard, the M/V Galapagos Sky and provides divers with the best possible live-aboard experience.
7) Ecoventura was the first company to earn and maintain the ecological certification of SmartVoyager since 2000, and comply with the environmental regulations developed by Corporacion y Desarollo from Ecuador and The Rainforest Alliance, as well as SOLAS and ISM.
8) Ecoventura partnered with the World Wildlife Fund to establish the Galapagos Marine Biodiversity Fund to support environmental education and marine conservation benefiting the Galapagos Marine Reserve by strengthening the local communities ability to manage natural resources.
9) Ecoventura installed 40 solar panels and two wind generators on the Eric in October 2008, making this yacht the test pilot and first Hybrid vessel in the Galapagos Islands. Ecoventura became the first Carbon Neutral operation in the Galapagos Islands in 2006 when carbon emissions from the company's four yachts, offices and operations including business travel were offset through the purchase of carbon credits.
10) In an effort to give back to the town of San Cristobal, Ecoventura has pledged to sponsor the salaries for teachers and physical therapists who work at a school for children with physical disabilities and adults who are hearing impaired. Ecoventura also teamed up with Pack for a Purpose so that passengers can bring supplies from a list of needed items that benefit local children through the New Era Galapagos Foundation, and with The Ecology Project to provide scholarships for local teenagers to take an applied course in wildlife ecology.